This week is hard for me as it has been for the last 10 years. In 3 days it will mark 10 years since my adoptive mother paseed away. The next couple of posts will be about her since she is all that I can think about this week
This song .which you will find in my playlist on the side of my blog, is dedicated to my mother. The one who adopteded me, brought me up, cared for me, was always there for me and made me who I am today. This song was always a favorite of my mother's. I remembered the look on her face when I first played it for her. She had a proud smile on her face cause she knew that even though I could not say the words"I love you", those were the words what were coming from my heart through this song.
There's a part in the song that really stood out for me:
"And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on "
This part of the song stands out to me because it brings me back to when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I was in my 2nd year of University and so my education was a priority to my parents. When I got pregnant I was so ashamed of myself becaue it wasn't a planned thing and I was not married and I did not plan on staying with the father. I also knew that dropping out of University wasn't an option. So I decided that I wasn't going to keep the baby. I could of never had an abortion because it goes against everything that I believe in. But putting my baby up for adoption was clearly an option that I was considering. And besides I had family members who where against me haaving and keeping the baby. My mother spoke up and told me that she didn't care what everyone else said. She was going to stand by me and do everything she could to help me raise the baby. I cried and cried and cried because I knew that I didn't want to lose my son to adoption. I also didn't realize that my mother would support me the way that she did. I am so thankful for her and I know that she is proud and looking down from heaven and smiling at me.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
A Song For Mama By Boyz II Men
You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life, yeah
There isn't anything
Or anyone I can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
You'll always be you always will be the girl
In my life for all times
[Chorus: ]
Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul
You're always down for me
Have always been around for me even when I was bad
You showed me right from my wrong
Yes you did
And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on
There was so many times
Looking back when I was so afraid
And then you come to me
And say to me I can face anything
And no one else can do
What you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl in my life
[Chorus: ]
Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul
Never gonna go a day without you
Fills me up just thinking of you
I'll never go a day without my mama
[Chorus: ]
Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul
♥♥♥I Love You Mom♥♥♥
♥♥♥RIP- Feb.20th,2000♥♥♥
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment